- BOOK NOW!
The 2 day Inca Trail is a fantastic option for those who don’t have the time or desire to hike the full length of the Inca Trail. With beautiful scenery, a wide variety of flora and fauna on display and a visit to the Inca Trail’s most beautiful site (Wiñay Wayna), you get to enjoy the all the best bits of the Inca Trail condensed in to a one day walk. Covering a distance of just 10km / 6.3 miles the 2 day Inca Trail is not too challenging which makes it perfect for families with children and those on a tight schedule.
The 2 day 1 night option allows you to experience some of the secrets of the Incas whithout camping in close proximity to aboultion facilities. There is no way to explain the surpise of that «woow woow» when after a four hour steep walk upwards, crossing the path of the second most important Inca ruin «Wina Wayna», (which by the way) is beautiful and well worth the climb you scramble up a steep flight of stairs and then your breathe is truly taken away at the Sun gate.
Tourists who go into the Machu Picchu sanctuary for a few hours alone really do miss out on this marvelous and mysterious place. A short visit only gives you a stolen glimpse of this impressive empire and does absolutely no justice to this marvelous and mysterious place.
Inca Trail Availability
We offer daily departures on the Inca Trail (excluding February when the trail is closed)
It is strongly recommended to book your Inca Trail at least 4 to 6 months in advance as permits can quickly sell out.
- Starting Altitude – 2100m / 6900ft.
- Highest Altitude – 2730m / 8,792ft.
- Walking Distance – 10km / 6.3 miles
- Accomodation – 3 Star Hotel.
- Overall Difficulty – Easy to Moderate difficult (depends on your level of fitness).
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 104 – AGUAS CALIENTES
Our trek today takes us along the most impressive stretch of the Inca Trail. We’ll visit beautiful Inca sites , see a variety of flora and fauna and get to take in the fantastic panoramas of the Andes mountains. Covering 10km of the trail our journey begins in the Sacred Valley and works it’s way up along an original Inca Trail to the Inca site of Winay Wayna before continuing on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate (Inti Punku).
As we make our way to Machu Picchu we’ll pass through the lush and verdant cloud forest that covers the mountain and get to see a variety of plants, flowers and birds along the way. We may also see some larger mammals such as Viscachas (rabbit-like Chinchillas) and Spectacled Bears (if we are very lucky).
After a full days trekking we’ll arrive to the Sun Gate (Inti Punku) in the late afternoon and get our first views of Machu Picchu spread out on the mountain below. The light at this time of day is great for photos and with fewer tourists in the site it’s a perfect time to take some pictures of the site. After we’ve passed through the Sun Gate we’ll carry on along the trail a little way before taking a side trail that leads us to Aguas Calientes in the valley below where we’ll check in to our hotel.
DAY 2: MACHU PICCHU
Waking up early we’ll take the first bus back up to Machu Picchu to enter the site as it opens. We’ll have a 2 hour guided tour of the site during which you’ll learn about the Incas and visit all the most important areas of the citadel. After your tour you’ll have free time to explore the site by yourself and if you have permits to climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain. In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo from where you will carry on by bus back to Cusco.
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Assistant Tour Guide for groups of 9+
- Pick-up from your Hotel.
- Train to Km104
- Return transportation by train and bus to Cusco
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Boxed Lunch, 1 Dinner. If you have a dietary request such as vegetarian food please let us know.
- Hostal Boutique Encanto or similars.
- Oxygen bottle for emergencies.
- First aid kit for emergencies.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu ruins.
- 2 Bus tickets for the second day (Aguas Calientes -Machu Picchu – Aguas Caliente).
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Breakfast on Day 1 and lunch and dinner on Day 2
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
What you need to take
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitiser
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- Torch with spare batteries
The 2 Days Inca Trail Hike Machu Picchu – Private and Group Service is available on any day that suits your schedule – we only need a minimum of two people in order to book.
PRICES – PRIVATE SERVICE
1 person $845 per person
2 people $655 per person
3 people $565 per person
4 people $525 per person
5 people $495 per person
6 + people $480 per person
Additional/Extras NOT Included (Need to book in Advance):
- Machu Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 85.00
- Huayna Picchu Mountain climbing: USD 85.00 (need to add 6% fee)
- Vistadome Train upgrade: USD80.00
- Extra Night in Aguas Calientes: Depends on the type of Hotel desired.
- Personal Porter (half) to carry 7kg of personal items US$ 90.00
- Full Porter to carry 14kg of personal items US$180.00 (can be share by two people)
- Sleeping Bag US$30
- Walking Pole US$10
- Inflatable Mattress US$25
- Single Tent Supplement US$35
How to book:
You can either book by emailing us or by using the Booking form on this site.
Send us your main Departure date and back up date: By providing us with a main date and a back up date for your trek (classic Inca Trail) you automatically authorize Pacha Peru Explorers to use either of these dates for your reservation. Pacha Peru Explorers within the next 48 hours (after you have sent us your booking form and confirm deposit was made) will send you an electronic receipt confirming your trek has been officially booked and also to confirm the exact departure date of your trek.
Send us your Personal Details for Booking: Your passport number and other information must be valid. Please advise if you change your passport number after booking the tour (especially for booking the classic Inca Trail as if we do not make a change in your official details, you may not be permitted to do the trek). Please Note changing passports’ numbers requires an extra fee (we are able to change passports numbers easily on our receipt but its also extremely important that we make the changes with the Inca Trail authorities)
Student rate: In order to obtain this discount you must have a valid University Student card (and be NO older than 25 YO). It is important you scan and e-mail this to us at the time of booking and that it is valid on the date you are booked on the Inca Trail/alternative trek (you will need to show the real University cardupon your arrival here in Cusco and in Machu Picchu).
Payment of deposit:
1. For the classic Inca Trails: 2 days or 4 days (Group or Private Service)
We request a non-refundable deposit per person along with personal details of each member participating in the trek:
- Full name
- Passport number,
Payment of deposit amount is:
- US$300 per person for the Inca Trail only Or
- US$385 per person for the Inca Trail + Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu climbing
Please confirm if you want to climb Wayna Picchu (the 45 minute climb near Machu Picchu site) or Machu Picchu as they need to be booked well in advance too; there are 2 time sessions:
- 7 – 8am or
- 10 – 11am – this also needs to be specified although you need to be flexible to either time.
Please note, if you get the permits for the 7am start you will probably have to miss the Machu Picchu guided tour.
About the Briefing: The night before your trek there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in your hotel at either 4:00pm or 5:00pm (exact time will be confirmed on your arrival or by email). Your duffle bag will be provided at this time if you have paid for an extra porter for your Inca Trail or if you are doing an alternative trek.
The Local Payment (Payment of final Balance): We require you to pay your final balance in cash (Soles or USA dollars) in the Briefing time prior to tour/trek departure (please advise if you have any delays on arrival).
The Local Payment (Payment of final Balance) can be paid in cash and in US dollars or Peruvian soles (if paying in Soles it will be applied the exchange rate of the day).
- Deposit sent for is Non-Refundable nor transferable to any other date, person or tour (According to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu Regulations).
- Pacha Peru Explorers must be notified of any changes or cancellations to your trip as soon as you are aware of them, via e-mail or fax so that we do not incur expenses not covered by deposit.
- Once final balance has been paid, we will not be able to refund your trek payment in the case of cancellations. There will, however, be parts of your trip that you are able to use (Machu Picchu entrance fee, 1 train ticket, 1 bus ticket).
- A claim letter for your insurance company can also be provided by us upon request.
- Porter service hired can Not be cancelled (a fee is paid for booking this service).
Short Inca Trail 2 Days / 1 Night MAP