This 26 mile hike along historic Inca Trail roads is the most popular hike in Peru and one of the top 10 in the World. Pacha Peru is dedicated to a superior client experience always providing the most knowledgeable guides, superior chefs and top of the line equipment including private portable toilet tents. We also have the most loyal and proud group of porters who work harder than anyone…and we work as hard for them making sure all their needs are taken care of with better wages, health insurance, proper equipment. We routinely create social projects directly for their families benefit. Choosing Pacha Peru as your tour provider means top notch service with a socially conscious approach.
Day 1: Km 82 – Llactapata- Ayapata (Trekking Distance: 8.7 miles/14 km (6-7 hours)
Day 2: Dead Woman´s Pass – Runcuraccay Pass – Chaquiccocha (Trekking distance: 9.94 miles/16 km (7-8 hours)
Day 3: Chaquiccocha – Wiñaywayna (Trekking Distance: 6.2 miles/10km (5 hours)
Day 4: Machu Picchu (The most exciting and magical day (early wake up 3.30AM)
** IMPORTANT NOTE **
The Ministry of Culture in Peru is in charge of all regulations of the Inca Trail including permits and campsites. In order to enter the Inca Trail you must have a permit that matches your NAME, PASSPORT NUMBER, NATIONALITY and AGE issued by the Ministry of Culture. Only licensed Inca Trail tour operators can secure these and they are not transferable in date or name at any time. If you are unable to start your Inca Trail trek on your secured date, you can not transfer to another person. If you need to change your start date, you will need to make sure permits still exist for new date and purchase a new permit. These are all rules of the government of Peru that we need to follow.If permits are sold out for your desired start date, there are lots of other roads that lead to Machu Picchu. We can help you find the perfect trek for you.
- Pre-departure briefing at 7:00 pm the night before of your Hotel.
- Pick-up from your hotel in Cusco from (05:00 am) or Sacred Valley.
- Private Transport to km 82 –Piskacucho (trek starting point)
- 11 Full meals for the entire tour (4 Breakfast, 4 Lunch 3 Dinner) + snacks (vegetarian,vegan option, gluten, wheat free or special diets upon your request.)
- 2 expert SAS gourmet mountain cook, assistants.
- Permit for Inca Trail Park and Machupicchu Sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping equipment, tents, table, stools and cooking gear.
- 2 Excellent experienced top tour guides (9-16 person / 6-8 with 1 tour guide)
- (Visit and guided tours of the 7 Inca archaeological sites en route.)
Dining and kitchen tent, camping tables and stools
Happy hour with macho-tea and hot drinks every afternoon on camp.
- Boiled water provided from 2nd day.
- A gentle start to the day with a wake up coca tea in your tent.
- 2 person per tent (clean,new spacious 4 person dome igloo tent)
- Thick, comfortable sleeping mattress, (Pillows by request)
- Buckets of hot water for washing in your tent every day.
- Emergency First-aid kit and Oxygen assistance..
- Toilet tent with biodegradable system.
- 3-4 guided tour in Machupicchu and extra time for yourself.
- Snack at Machupicchu before your tour.
- Bus down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town.
- Lunch in Aguas Calientes after Machupicchu tour.
- Time to go to the hot springs or shop around the village.
- 7 Kg porterage service for your personal belongings.
- Confirmed Vistadome train return to Cusco.